CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) GUIDANCEMar 24 2020
In these uncertain times I wanted to reach out to you all to let you know we are here to offer support and guidance over the next few months and beyond.
Health and wellbeing are the most important things right now so we made the decision last week that our people are working remotely and our offices were to be closed to visitors. Working remotely allows us to continue to support you and we will continue to complete your accounts, audits, VAT, payroll and tax returns in a timely manner.
In particular, we will help you access the various pieces of support the government releases to which I have added a link below. In particular our payroll team will make all submissions for you to claim the support available under the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme. HMRC are currently setting this up and when the portal is available we will coordinate making claims with you.
If you and your people are working remotely and/or are struggling to keep your records straight then please let us know. We can install a variety of Cloud based solutions to help and if you can scan and email documents to us we can help with posting them. We use Microsoft Teams so we can have virtual meetings to progress things, share information and collaborate together on what we all need to do to economically survive this crisis.
If you need anything let us know. Our business depends on your business and we must all pull together during the next few weeks and months.
Here is a quick action plan to help focus your thoughts:
- Keep your eye on Government advice: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Your main purpose is to protect the health of yourself, employees and customers and then reduce the risk of the financial impact to your business. So you need to take action and follow the guidance.
- Keep an eye on the government help and assistance as this is always moving and developing: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19
- Help for the self-employed is expected to be forthcoming in the next couple of days. A draft bill is scheduled for debate in parliament.
- Hold a meeting with key team members and work through an agenda of immediate steps you need to take.
- Summarise the actions and allocate responsibility to make them happen.
- Talk to us – we are all in this together.
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU.