Planning (and ultimately achieving!) long-term financial stability can take many years, so getting a helping hand from expert chartered accountants and wealth management specialists can make a real difference in meeting your goals sooner!
Our certified team of chartered accountants have supported businesses, business owners, and individuals covering Dundee, Montrose, Forfar, Brechin, Crieff, and Perth for over 100 years to become one of Scotland’s most prestigious accountancy firms. At MMG Chartered Accountants, we take pride in empowering private individuals and business owners to make informed financial decisions through our data-driven, technology-powered approach. Together with our esteemed partners at Verus Wealth, we can provide our clients with a better picture of their financial options and guide them towards a more successful future.
We recognise the importance of creating a personalised strategy that is tailored to each client’s needs, and by providing our clients with knowledge, we work together to help them build their future, invest successfully and minimise risk, and more. Our approach also considers clients who have lots of prior experience and we recommend new avenues of growth they may not have previously tried – always using figures and trends to provide insight and transparency in our services.
Our joint team of experts is dedicated to providing you with:
- Customised wealth management plans: taking the time to understand your unique circumstances and aspirations.
- Expertise and guidance: our team possesses a wealth of knowledge and experience in the field of accounting, business finance, and wealth management – ensuring you receive well-rounded advice relating to your personal finances but also your business and/or portfolio.
- A long-term plan for financial success: we view our clients as long-term partners, providing ongoing support and advice as your financial needs evolve.
Chartered accountants play a pivotal role in wealth management as advisors who can provide a comprehensive approach to financial planning and deliver consultancy that goes beyond just the numbers. Our team’s expertise encompasses areas such as:
- Investment Strategies: our investment plans will align with your risk tolerance, financial objectives, preferred timescale, and assets. We’ll evaluate your investment choices and recommend the most suitable options as well as explain the benefits and associated risks.
- Tax Planning: using our accountancy and legal expertise, our team of chartered accountants can help you understand the tax relief and benefits available to you – whether you are a private individual or a business, tax optimisation is one of the key areas we audit and assess.
- Estate Planning: a big part of wealth management includes assets and estates – helping guide you in creating a comprehensive estate plan that includes wills, trusts, and other documents. We can also assist you with navigating inheritance tax and other queries you may have if you are listed in someone’s will or are due to inherit property, money, and other assets.
- Financial Planning: wealth management isn’t only about managing the money you have, but also encompasses cash flow, budgeting, debt management, and even retirement planning! Painting the full picture also helps our advisers recommend additional options to grow your wealth depending on your future plans and any outstanding debts.
Frequently Asked Questions
See the most common queries we get asked below and contact our team for more information and advice.
Is a wealth manager an accountant?
Although they are not the same role, wealth managers and accountants can work together within the same team to achieve the best possible results for clients. Accountants will usually do the auditing work, financial forecasting, and put together financial statements and reports; while wealth managers (and financial planners) will help with long-term strategy, provide consultancy, and be your first port of call for any queries.
What’s the difference between a wealth manager and a financial planner?
In a similar vein to the previous question, financial planners (much like wealth managers) will focus on the long-term strategy of your financial goals and provide tailored advice as well as consult on your options and recommend the best route for your individual circumstances. The two roles are often referred to interchangeably, however, a wealth manager is generally regarded as having more expertise in dealing with high-net-worth individuals, whereas a financial planner works more broadly across a range of financial brackets.
What does a wealth management accountant do?
A wealth management accountant will usually provide you with reports relating to your investments including any profits and losses, investment contributions and withdrawals, and will help monitor your accounts/portfolio. They will also help you balance your books at the end of the financial year and provide advice about your progress and targets.
Can accountants give personal financial advice?
Absolutely! Accountants are highly skilled at providing advice to private individuals as well as business owners as they will have full visibility of your financial situation. In most cases, it is also recommended to speak with a financial adviser or wealth manager to help guide the advice into a more long-term strategy, however, accountants can certainly provide insight and help you with any queries you may have relating to your financial situation or upcoming changes in regulations and more.
Contact MMG Chartered Accountants
Make MMG Chartered Accountants and Verus Wealth your trusted partners for comprehensive wealth management services in Scotland. We are committed to helping you achieve your financial goals and secure a prosperous future. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and discover how we can empower you to take control of your financial well-being. Contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call your local branch.